Online Website Builder vs. Professional Website Builder
Should you build your own website using an online builder or should you hire a professional web team to create one for you? Here are a few advantages and disadvantages of both:
• Price: Online website builders are cheap. Period. And they’ll always be the cheapest option… until you want to grow (you know, like most companies do). Adding basic functionalities or doing some serious SEO work will end up costing you more. Not to mention – you’ll have to learn to do all this yourself! (Valuable Life Lesson: It will always take longer than you think!)
• Troubleshooting: Let’s face it, you’re going to run into problems. It’s inevitable. If coding is a foreign language to you or you don’t know the first thing about optimizing your website – things can get overwhelming fast. That’s where a professional comes in handy. Now you don’t have to spend your time filtering through Google hoping to find answers! Things will magically get done for you!
• Customization: Online website builders often offer a large number of templates to choose from. With so many options, you’re sure to find a template that suits your needs. These templates are also often responsive, which is very important (as it’s now a huge ranking factor)! On the other hand, a professional designer can create a fully customized website that is unlike anyone else’s. Your website will be built around your needs, goals and brand.
• Achieving Results: Just because your website looks pretty, that doesn’t mean it will get the job done. A professional will be fully versed in the digital world and know how to make your site generate conversions. This includes strategizing the order of your navigation, creating engaging call to actions, writing content that’s easy to read (as well as key-word rich) and more!
• Ease of Use: Most online builders use drag-and-drop features that are easy to use and understand. This is perfect for those who are not extremely tech-savvy, but it also limits the level of functionality that is possible. Here at Blue Crater, we design our sites around a powerful, yet user-friendly Content Management System (CMS) that not only makes updating your content a breeze, but also allows unlimited customization. So BOOM – you get the best of both worlds!
• Future Outlook: We all grow. Your business will too. Maybe you’ll want to add a blog to your website in order to drive more traffic, but nah. Some online builders don’t offer that feature. Maybe you’ll want to further customize your template, but nah. Your builder doesn’t give you access to the HTML code. Maybe you’ll want to change your template completely! <gasp> Doing so may cause you to lose valuable, SEO-optimized content! If any of this scares you or give you the least bit of anxiety or hesitation, know there are other options.
Don’t spend countless hours learning your online builder in and out, scouring thorough Google to find answers and ultimately not getting the final results you dream about. We can help!
We build beautiful, clean and flexible designs with a built-in user-friendly Content Management System that is fully and easily customizable. Our designers and developers collaborate to make sure your website is visually alluring, as well as perfectly functional. We’re affordable, knowledgeable and easy to talk to.
Give us a call. Or email. Or text us. We don’t care. Cuz we’re millennials.
Subscribe to get the latest news, updates and chances to win free swag!